One+One Filmmakers Journal (2009-2015)
One+One Filmmakers Journal is named after the 1968 film One Plus One by Jean Luc Godard. The film is in part a document of the Rolling Stones in a studio, recording the song Sympathy for the Devil and part staged scenes of political revolutions over which we hear extracts from various revolutionary texts. A reoccurring image is of slogans being painted on to walls and cars but each time the shot cuts before the slogan is completed. This is a film made in a time of upheaval and revolution, it captures the sense of a revolution in progress, a revolution that has not yet concluded.
When the studio released the film they made two changes which significantly altered the meaning of the film – the first was that they changed the title to Sympathy for the Devil and the second was to include the full version of the song at the end of the film, both done in order to make the film more commercial and both were made against Godard’s wishes. To have the completed song at the end of the film contradicts the theme of revolutions in progress that is the movie’s focus. Godard was so angry about this that he punched the film's producer at the UK premiere.
We are on the side of Godard, we are on the side of all filmmakers that have a vision that can not and should not be compromised for commercial or any other reasons. One+One seeks to be the fist in the face of those that force a compromise of the artist’s voice.
One+One ran from 2009-2015.
Masthead Past and Eternal
• Original founding team (2009) – Daniel Fawcett, Matthew Hamblion, Dan Childs, James Marcus Tucker, Bradley Tuck, Fiona Hurd, Tim Pieraccini
• Bradley Tuck – Submissions Editor (2009-2015)
• Greg Scorzo – Publicity and Submission (2013-2015)
• Lizzie Soden – Funding (2013-2015)
• James Marcus Tucker – Publishing editor (2009-2014)
• Nick Hudson – Events editor (2013-2014)
• Daniel Fawcett – Publicity editor (2009 – 2011), Editor (2009-2013)
• Clara Pais – Submissions editor (2012-2013)
• Diarmuid Hester – Publicity editor (2011-2013)